The Wisconsin Department of Children and Families’ Division of Early Care and Education will be holding listening sessions across the state. Dan Harris, the division’s administrator, is interested in hearing from child care providers, parents, and other early education stakeholders on future department initiatives. The sessions will focus on a variety of topics including the creation of a Quality Rating & Improvement System, implementation of an automated attendance system, and future efforts to address fraud in the Wisconsin Shares program.
The dates and locations of the listening sessions are listed below. All sessions will be held from 7pm to 9pm.
• Thursday, April 16th: Milwaukee Public Schools Administration Building
Auditorium, 5225 West Vliet Street, Milwaukee
• Wednesday, April 22nd: Northcentral Technical College Auditorium, Center for Health Sciences, 1000 West Campus Drive, Wausau
• Monday, April 27th: CESA 12, 618 Beaser Avenue, Ashland
• Wednesday, April 29th: Madison Area Technical College
Downtown Education Center, Conference Room D240, 211 North Carroll Street, Madison
• Monday, May 4th: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Student Center, Room SC224, Lecture Hall, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay
• Monday, May 11th: Waukesha County Technical College, Richard T. Anderson (RTA) Center, 800 Main Street, Pewaukee
• Wednesday, May 13th: Chippewa Valley Technical College Business Education Center, Room 103, 620 West Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire
• Monday, May 18th: UW – Parkside, MOLN Molinaro Room 105, 900 Wood Road, Kenosha
• Thursday, May 21st: UW-La Crosse, Room 337, 1725 State Street, La Crosse
If special accommodations are needed, please contact Courtney Sullivan at 608-266-1518 or CourtneyK.Sullivan@wisconsin.gov prior to the session.