Are you trying to decide what professional development choices you should make to help you reach your goals? Or to help you reach the benchmarks in YoungStar? Do you wonder if higher education is right for you? WECA is here to help with a NEW, free professional development planning service!
One of the main goals of YoungStar is to improve the care and education of young children by having better educated and trained staff working with those children. To help providers prepare for this part of YoungStar, WECA has received funding to provide assistance in professional development planning. This service will be provided over the phone to people employed in early childhood education or child care who want to hear about the options for training and education available in the state of Wisconsin. This could include:
* Exploring your short and long term goals for your own professional development
* Choosing what kind of professional development is right for you
* Scholarships for credit based education (through the T.E.A.C.H. program)
* Learning about credit for prior learning options
* Discussing upcoming trainings and resources to support participation in the YoungStar program.
* And much more!
Visit our website to learn how you can take advantage of the professional development planning service through WECA!