Governor Walker has proposed his state budget and it is now being reviewed by the Joint Finance Committee. In order to make sure that all of Wisconsin’s young children have access to high-quality early learning experiences, we need YOU to help us send a message to the Joint Finance members letting them know how important high-quality early childhood education is.
The committee will be holding public hearings in 4 areas across the state. If you live in or near one of these sites, please consider attending the hearing and signing in support for adequate early education funding, giving a 2 minute (or less) testimonial/speech, or dropping off written comments for the committee. If you can’t stop by a hearing, but would still like to voice your opinion, you can send written comments via email to BudgetComments@legis.wisconsin.gov or via mail to: Joe Malkasian, Room 305 East, State Capitol, Madison, WI 53702.. If you’re planning to speak or provide written comments, we can send you some information to include and some general information about the hearings themselves.
Below are the hearing dates and locations. All are scheduled from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm, except for the hearing in Superior, with speakers giving testimony in the order that they sign-up at the hearing:
• Thursday, April 7: Stevens Point. University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, Quandt Fieldhouse, 2050 Fourth Street.
• CANCELED: Friday, April 8: Minong. Northwood School, Richard’s Auditorium, N14463 Highway 63.
• NEW: Friday, April 8, 9am-4pm: Superior. University of Wisconsin-Superior, Wessman Arena, 2701 Catlin Avenue
• Monday, April 11: West Allis. Wisconsin State Fair Park, Expo Center Hall A, 8200 W. Greenfield Avenue.
• CANCELED: Wednesday April 13: Arcadia. Arcadia High School Auditorium, 756 Raider Drive.
• NEW: Wednesday April 13: Neenah. Pickard Civic Auditorium, 1275 Tullar Road.