The Public Service Commission (Commission) of Wisconsin has awarded a grant to the Celebrate Children Foundation (CCF) to help fund internet connectivity to child care centers in the city of Milwaukee. CCF will reimburse programs for internet expenses so that programs have more money to purchase things like curriculum materials, teacher training, and healthy food for children.
CCF would like to support 70 programs with this grant with up to $50 per month. To qualify, a child care center must:
- Serve low-income children &/or families in Milwaukee,
- Participate in YoungStar, the state’s new quality rating and improvement system,
- Provide copies of their Internet provider receipts (in six month increments),
- Adhere to all grant deadlines, and
- Be willing to respond to a post-grant survey.
Grant applications are due to CCF by June 30, 2011. Please visit their website for more information on this opportunity, as well as application instructions.