A new policy report from the Society for Research in Child Development just came out, and it discusses some challenges facing the early education field. Which of the barriers discussed in the report is the biggest barrier, in your opinion?
The report also discusses some policies that could be put into place, that can strengthen the workforce, and improve its effectiveness. These policy recommendations include:
- Have clear and consistent terms and definitions for the field and people who work in it
- Raising subsidy reimbursement rates to market level
- Setting minimum standards for staff qualifications
- Improving training and educational opportunities for ECE professionals
- Providing more opportunities for advancement and recognition in the field
- Building public understanding of the importance of early education
View the brief version, or the full report, to learn more!